Sign Oakley's Welcoming Pledge
If you would like to sign our Welcoming Pledge below, please enter your information below.
Oakley’s Welcoming Pledge
As a member of the Oakley community, I formally pledge to follow the You, Me, We Oakley Welcoming Principles to make the City of Oakley a more welcoming community that respects the intrinsic dignity of all people. The Welcoming Principles I intend to practice, in community with others, acknowledge the following:
- I have a shared responsibility to treat ALL our neighbors with dignity and respect that they deserve as a member of our community.
- I reject the use of exclusionary or de-humanizing language; this includes recognizing and understanding how stereotypes harm our community.
- I will challenge common myths and stereotypes that only serve to divide our community.
- I will treat others the way I would like to be treated.
- I will try to put myself in someone else’s shoes in order to understand their point of view.
- I will develop an understanding of cultures other than my own.
- I will not judge, nor discriminate, others without first attempting to get to know them and their story.
- I, as a member of the Oakley community, will acknowledge that everyone has unique qualities which contribute to our community and make this the beautiful City it is today.
- I commit to ensuring that any community activities that I am involved in will be inclusive and inviting to all community members.
- I will make sure to keep an open mind and an open heart in order to be open to accepting all who live, work, play or study in our City of Oakley.
By following these principles, I will strive to create a better Oakley, by sharing the responsibility to be respectful, neighborly and welcoming to all who reside in our community.
I fully understand my contact information will be kept confidential, however my name may be listed as a supporter of the You, Me, We Oakley pledge.
Community Groups that have signed Oakley’s Welcoming Pledge:
- Knights of Columbus Council #10414
- Delta Science Center
- Ebenezer Community Church
- Iron House Elementary PTA
- Vintage Parkway Elementary PTA
- Girl Scout Troop #32516
- Friends of the Oakley Library
- Chayo's Beauty Salon
- Cypress Vet Hospital
- Oakley Elementary PTA